Seminal contributions to improving gynecologic cancer care. Worthy contributions may take the form of:
- Major discoveries in the fields of clinical, basic or prevention research which have had a direct effect on the care of women with gynecologic cancer.
- Major and sustained administrative or organizational contributions in the fields of gynecologic cancer care
- Major public health measures which have altered worldwide morbidity and/or mortality from gynecologic cancer
Individuals from any scientific discipline including basic science, gynecologic oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, pathology, public health or related fields are eligible.
Some special consideration will be given to individuals who are members of the IGCS.
To be the recipient of the prize, the selectee must be willing to accept the award IN PERSON at the Biennial Meeting, and be prepared to give a twenty-minute lecture on a topic of his/her choice relevant to the work for which the award was presented.
- Nominations will be accepted starting at or immediately after the last award is presented.
- Nominations must come from an IGCS member other than the nominee.
- Nominations may be submitted
- In response to the IGCS web page announcement
- In response to a newsletter announcement
- Nominations will close one month prior to the Interim Council Meeting where the selection is made.
- Will be comprised of five Society members
- Chair: Immediate Past President
- Member selected from another country by the immediate Past President
- President Elect
- Member selected from another country by the President Elect
- Must include representatives from at least three of the following disciplines: Gyn Onc, Rad Onc, Pathology, Med Onc, Basic Science, Public Health.
- The selection of the committee will be presented for acceptance at the Interim Council Meeting the year prior to the Biennial Meeting where the award is to be presented.